Monday, July 29, 2013

Porthole - Fence

Fence - (sold)

Yes indeed, there is nothing so satisfying as selling a piece - especially to a good friend that I only see occasionally - validation galore!  She picked one of my favorites too!  


I have just returned from an artist retreat that I have been going to for over 25 years.  It is a gift I give to myself every year.  I basically unplug my phone and my computer and just immerse myself with art and design.  I studied under Cynthia Corbin for the first week and Rosalie Dace the 2nd week. I highly recommend both of them.  They are great teachers and very fun to hang out with.  I soaked up everything they were willing to teach me, plus I learn so much from the other students in the class. If you ever get a chance to go to a retreat I highly recommend it - I go to Quilting by the Lake  in Syracuse and I have learned so much there. 


I concentrated on making small works from my own hand-dyed fabrics. I found that the cloth was so luscious and interesting that all I had to do was find 2 or 3 pieces that created some kind of magic together and sew one or two seams.  


I had a blast!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts are welcomed!