Friday, June 14, 2013

Saving for a Rainy Day vs. Greed

Saving for a Rainy Day - paper collage

I am always intrigued with how I use imagery that I like, and then sometimes I "repackage" it and use it in a totally different way.  This paper collage is a little composition and my fear of running out of money leaked into it.  Funny how I have the coin dropping into a martini glass!




Greed - Collagraph

But later I had an assignment to make the Seven Deadly sins and I wanted to make a collagraph out of each sin.  So I took the imagery and reinterpreted it into greed.  It has a totally different feel to it.  A collagraph is made by gluing shapes of different papers onto a piece of cardboard and smooshing ink on them and wiping off the ink except in the cracks and crevices and printing them on a press.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts are welcomed!