Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Armory Square

The cloth on the left is a "deconstructed" print from the photo on the right that I took in Syracuse a few years ago.  I first converted the photo into a black and white image which I then burned onto a thermofax screen.  Using thickened dye I laid down the image on a blank silk screen and let it dry.  

The print was made by pushing release paste through the dried screen which slowly softened the thickened dyes edges and transferred the image onto the cloth. I love the "break-up" of the image on the photo due to the bricks.  Then of course when I printed it - the image got even more broken down from the deconstruction process. Let's face it: I love the Wabi Sabi, the beauty of decay, more than perfection!     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any thoughts are welcomed!